Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Baby Bookfraud

It finally happened.

Baby Bookfraud was born over the weekend, a healthy, happy baby boy weighing 8 1/2 pounds and posessing some extremely strong lungs. Wife and I are overjoyed.

If he has made me a better person, appreciate the world in ways I thought not possible, or take note of shortcomings, I can't say for sure, because I've slept about 6 hours in the past four days. That bugger sure can cry.

He also has this weird, magical talent of being able to go sleep, and, just as Mom and Dad are in bed, starting once again to wail at about 129 decibels. It's never a second before I conk out, not a second after, but always just at that precise moment when I retreat to the land of nod. Baby is so talented. I'm so proud.

He also has some other amazing talents, including the ability to poop in amounts so voluminous that it could be used to paint a fresco on the ceiling of the Sistine Chapel. Just thinking about it gets me choked up.

Because of the overwhemling emotional nature of the event, I feel that I am going to do a Bookfraud first: I am going to post a picture of myself, Wife, and Baby, because I want to share with the world, with strangers even, the amazing joy that I feel beating in my heart.

Here we are:



Please, don't ask for pictures unless you're willing to pay. Don't worry, it all goes to charity.